This hack will appear in Make vol. 20!

http://mightyohm.com/blog/2008/11/bluet ... dset-hack/
mightyohm
Site Admin

This hack will appear in Make vol. 20!

Post by mightyohm »

I just heard from the editorial staff at Make that the article I wrote about my bluetooth handset hack will be in issue #20 of the magazine. Woohoo!
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: This hack will appear in Make vol. 20!

Post by mightyohm »

raven1962

Re: This hack will appear in Make vol. 20!

Post by raven1962 »

I would like to take this to the next level, but don't know how. I can do the soldering and follow directions, but...

I'm trying to acquire an old lineman's handset, with rotary dial... I'd like to make it a functional Bluetooth accessory, like the wireless rotary phones that are now available. Bluetooth to a regular handset would be easy, a pulse to tone converter, as well as the additional buttons to function well (Mute, Call/Send/Accept, Ringer volume/vibrate/on-off, and anything else) will be the hard part. Will require a larger battery, for the added complexity, micro USB, to charge, I assume,...

I know it's an old thread, hope I'm making for a reasonable request. I will need all the help I can get... Wiring diagrams, mini-circuit sourcing, and whatever else. Guessing once I get the thing, I can crack it open, to see where there's room to stash the new guts, as well as find good locations for switches and a jack... Really trying to get one of the older Bell system ones, where the rotary system is in an attached housing, off the back of the handset, rather than the integral one...

Thanks,
Jeff
Cedar Creek, Texas
Later,
Jeff
Cedar Creek, Texas