New support policy

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
mightyohm
Site Admin

New support policy

Post by mightyohm »

I get a lot of questions about the products and projects on this site. This is great, because it means that people are actually buying kits and reading the blog!

Unfortunately, answering these questions takes a lot of time. What is particularly time consuming is that I often answer the same questions over and over again.

Why is this?

One reason is that I receive a lot of requests for support via private channels such as PMs on the forums, contact form submissions, and e-mail.

In an effort to reduce my support workload and encourage collaboration between customers and readers of the blog, I have slowly started to redirect support requests to the support forums. The forums help me help you. All posts on the forums are public, so other readers can participate in and benefit from the discussion.

Moving forward, I will no longer be answering support requests via a private channel. If you send me an e-mail, contact form, or PM on the forums that is not of a specifically private nature, there’s a good chance I will respond with a form letter redirecting you to the support forums. This isn’t because I don’t want to help, but because I need to make the most effective use of the limited amount of time I have to provide support.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that I won’t be responding to private communications at all – if you have something you would like to discuss that warrants a closed conversation, then by all means, send me a private message on the forums or submit a contact form.

I’d also like to point out that product support gets top priority, so if you have a question about a project that doesn’t involve a kit (like the Wifi Radio project) and I don’t respond immediately, please bear with me – I’ll get to your request as soon as I can.