Rex-C100

Discussion about events, resources, or any topic not related to one of the project forums below.
Dano41

Rex-C100

Post by Dano41 »

Hi,this is my first post so hello.I am doing a project where I want to keep a stainless steel container about the size of an alcohol measure at a constant temperature of 180c.It is wrapped in a 250watt band heater and I am trying to control it with a Rex C100 pid controller +SSR and a K type sensor.If I auto tune the pid it will keep the 180c temperature after it has settled down but if I pour a couple of mills of water into the container the temperature will over shoot to as much as 230c.Has anybody got a solution for this problem do I need different pid or sensor or is there something else I should be doing.My knowledge of electronics is almost nil any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
I am a beekeeper and the device I am trying to make is for vaporizing oxalic acid crystals which when injected into the hive are totally harmless to the bees but kills off varroa mites which are decimating honey bees world wide.
Is there a way to stop the over shoot problem a least or is there a better pid that will definitely work?