How start everything again from the zero?

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
regiscruzbr

How start everything again from the zero?

Post by regiscruzbr »

Hi people!

I want install some extra things on my router like a pen-drive and mms support, but I'm afraid to do some thing wrong and kill it because I'm not a expert.
I know that during the installation I shouldn't restart the router until it is not ready, but what about package's installations?

I do not mind having to do everything again, but would like to know before I begin.

Enjoying the post, I would like help installing things and doing tests to the community but I have some doubts.
Can someone suggest tutorials like how to use install packages, Makefile and other basic things as command list? I have learned a lot from information on the Internet, but I'm not feel ready yet.

Thanks
regiscruzbr

Re: How start everything again from the zero?

Post by regiscruzbr »

Ok guys...

That thing that I was afraid happened, I was try to install mms package and my WL-520GU stopped play radio and started to return error messages when I trying to execute the command root@OpenWrt:~# mpd.
However, my only alternative in this case was start everything again from the zero and then I realized that my last question in my post above was a really stupid question, because the only thing that I had to do was fallow the steps 4 and 5 of the mightyohm tutorial. Sorry... my fault. :oops:

I will try to install MPD 0.15.1 again this weekend. No problem, just one more training.

Thanks
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: How start everything again from the zero?

Post by mightyohm »

Glad you got it figured out!

If it makes you feel better, I have hosed my router multiple times and had to start over again from scratch. The good news is that after 4 or 5 times, I could get the router flashed and configured within 15 minutes or so. :D