PID Thermo controller

Discussion about events, resources, or any topic not related to one of the project forums below.
maxx123

Re: PID Thermo controller

Post by maxx123 »

ended up purchasing a jld-612 used the waste oil burner setup. It ran as wanted between 75c to 65c. No removing relays etc. Quality much better. Will sell my 3 rex c 100 cheap. Or play around with them
badflash

Post by badflash »

I have a REX-C100FK02-V*AN PID controller. This place has been very helpful so far seeing as how the manual doesn't have a lot to do with the device. I can't get it to display F, it is stuck in C even though SL2 = 1. I can't find out how to get it to read out in tenths of a degree vs. whole degrees. Has anyone cracked this? I went through this entire thread, but haven't seen the answer. Thanks in advance.
badflash

Post by badflash »

I found the manual
https://www.box.com/s/5uson7bv0nvjzygjefwy
The problem is that the PGdP setting is not there. It skips right over it. There is no degrees F setting on this model.
badflash

Post by badflash »

I found out from the ebay seller that only PT100 and CU50 sensors support more decimal places that 0. It appears to be shipped with a type K thermocouple. Once you set SL1 =1000 or 1001 you get the option to set the decimal places to 0-3, otherwise that option does not appear.
badflash

Post by badflash »

OK, got the PT100 probe and hooked it up, set the SL1 setting to 1000 to let it know. Set the decimal setting to 1. Just one little problem. The setpoint can now only be set to +/- 10 degrees. There is a solution though. The SC setting allows a +/-200 degree offset. I set it to -35.0 + what ever temperature error the system has and I can leave the setpoint at 0. Go figure.
badflash

Post by badflash »

At day 6 into the test run the controller started to behave erratically and would start doing 5-8 degree C high temperature excursions. I was also using a WH8040 humidity controller that uses relay outputs. When the WH8040 reaches the turn-off point the relays chatter many times before turning off the humidifier. I think the pulses damaged the temperature controller in some way. I've ordered a replacement.

In the mean time I've found a nice work around. I disconnected the humidity controller and have it run all the time at nearly the lowest setting. It is pretty easy to maintain the humidity where I want it manually, so for now, manual will it will be. The REX-C100F can be operated in On/Off mode. If you set the proportional band to 0 the Integral function becomes hysteresis setting. Set that to 0, and set digital filtering to 0. I found that the heater would cause the temperature to overshoot by about .9 degrees C, so I put a light dimmer in series with the SSR. Now it cycles between -.1C and +.2C about every 3 minutes. This works for my application.
jman

Re: PID Thermo controller (how-to autotune)

Post by jman »

I just got a rexc100 -- but I cannot change the ATU to anything... buttons do not change the zero's.
The lock setting is 000 (3 zeros, not 4 as usually indicated).

Out of the box it is horrible, it overshoots drastically, so I want to autotune and then fine tune from there. But I can't seem to figure out how to change the auto tune setting...

I also seem to have some options missing from manual; and others that aren't in manual: SoX (or SoK), Sc, and OX (or OK) Any ideas? (sox=999 sc=000 ox=002)
Any ideas?
thanks
Jed.
nellisa

Post by nellisa »

hey, jman?

I have the same problem as you have, it gets so drastically overshoot that 2 heating element exploded.
I was wondering if you fix it because i don't find a solution and looked almost everywhere.

Thanks and greets,
Nel.
jman

Post by jman »

Sorry, Nel; no -- I never solved it; Based on talking with some others; it seems the firmware with these pids changes almost at will; where some options are kept, others disabled, etc. From month to month for the same model # the feature set can be slightly different.
I guess auto tune is a feature they don't want to release too much.
I was able to manually tune some of the settings to get it to work as a hot plate controller, but as an oven controller, no it's worthless.
I tried to buy another one and when I asked if auto-tune was enabled; the answer I got was less than inspiring "It is whatever is well documented as having" and they sent me a chinese (only) pdf instruction sheet.
pt13

Post by pt13 »

Hoping someone can help.

I purchased a Berme rex C-100 pid with SSR on ebay. After wiring it up and powering it there were some funny numbers and i had already read that some of the programming was a little difficult. i started with trying to get into the menus etc., and i couldn't really change anything. I tried the set and < buttons at the same time but that didn't work. After a while i tried the set and v (down) button at the same time to which it went into a different menu with LAS, HAS and CAS. These values were showing in the order of 49 and after pressing set a couple more times it returned to initial reading with PV and SV. However now it will not show the PV and each time i change the SV the PV seems to go with it somewhat. Have I done something to the software that i can't fix?