ACC+ streams?

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
eli2k

ACC+ streams?

Post by eli2k »

Is there a way to add function to MPC or MPD so that it can play ACC+ streams? Looks like it is limited to MP3 streams for now.

Thanks,
- Eli
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: ACC+ streams?

Post by mightyohm »

I can't find a formats list for mpd 0.13.2 (the version I used in the tutorial), but have you tried AAC to verify that it doesn't work? I do know that the newer versions of mpd support more formats, but there have also been some problems getting them to work on the router (mainly bloat due to linking of huge support libraries). :(
eli2k

Post by eli2k »

Doesn't seem to support it; I added a ACC+ stream from di.fm, but it doesn't seem to play at all, just gets stuck there. Yea, I've read about the problems with newer MPD version, oh well. :?
ilinux

Post by ilinux »

I use mp3 stream of this radio and works great I know isn't the same but works :D
eli2k

Post by eli2k »

ilinux wrote:I use mp3 stream of this radio and works great I know isn't the same but works :D
Yes, you are right. The reason I asked was I'm bandwidth limited at the moment, and running a 128kbps stream while doing other things sometimes results in the stream getting cut off. And AAC+ at 64kbps is comparable to 128kbps. But it's just a minor inconvenience.
ilinux

Post by ilinux »

I will try to compile a mpd aac enabled. The default Makefile of openwrt disable acc in the config. As soon as possible I build and test the new version if compilation don't let me an headache.

I also find for aac support because some radios I listen have this format and mms (that is enabled but not work :twisted: )

Good night,

Ilinux
eli2k

Post by eli2k »

Thanks, ilinux. I'll keep watching your custom firmware.
ilinux

Post by ilinux »

I've ask for help on openwrt forum I hope that someone replay. My ask is here:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php ... 44#p100544