Unable to launch mpd, library dependencies.

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
KenASeymour

Unable to launch mpd, library dependencies.

Post by KenASeymour »

I had problems programming the ASUS WL-520GU with the firmware I downloaded from MightyOhm.com. I was able to program the router with the firmware I built using the "hard way" instructions. I can do all the configuration up to the point where I am launching mpd.

My firmware file is 3411968 bytes. The one from the link http://mightyohm.com/files/kamikaze-2.4 ... uashfs.trx is 450416 bytes.

When I type mpd, it says:

mpd: can’t load library ‘libstdc++.so.6′
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Unable to launch mpd, library dependencies.

Post by mightyohm »

You are in somewhat uncharted territory if you're compiling the base image from the openwrt trunk and then trying to combine that with packages in the mightyohm repository (which were compiled from trunk sometime around Kamikaze 7.05 if I remember correctly). Can you verify where you are pointing opkg and what version of mpd you are using?

Regardless, I'm not sure what is causing the lib dependency problem or how to fix it directly, perhaps someone else with more Linux experience can chime in here.

Since most of my experience is with my firmware package, I may be better able to help you get that working. What issues did you encounter when trying to install my firmware?
KenASeymour

Post by KenASeymour »

Ok. I re-downloaded the firmware, got a bigger size this time.

The firmware worked the first time. I followed the directions and got slayradio working through a wired connection to my main house router.

What a difference a day makes! Thanks for your help.

Now to figure out how to bring up the wireless link and figure out the address it is using.
KenASeymour

Post by KenASeymour »

Ok. Got it working over the wireless. I can't have both wireless and wired connected to the same router.

Thanks again for the cool project.
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

Awesome! Glad you got it working the 2nd time around.