MPD version used for this project

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
ciphyre

MPD version used for this project

Post by ciphyre »

I know I read this somewhere but for the life of me I can't seem to find it. Why was mpd version 0.13.2 used? I think I remember it being a size limitation issue. If i need to, would it possible to try to get a later version of mpd on the router or is it a wasted effort?

I have been doing an investigation on the issue with mpd (as the client) stopping between each song pointing to an icecast/ices server for streaming audio. It appears it maybe a header update problem and one of the developers from icecast suggested that the issue maybe with mpd's chain handling being broken. Since 0.13.2 is an earlier version I am suspecting I may have to use a later version to fix the problem (I am waiting on a response from someone over on the mpd forums). If this is the case I may have to figure out how to shoe horn this onto the router.
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: MPD version used for this project

Post by mightyohm »

The project uses 0.13.2 because at the time I started it, that was the current version. I later played with 0.14 and found that the glib2 dependency ate up all my flash, and streaming wasn't working because of a libcurl problem that I never got to look into.