lightning detector Help

Topics related to the HV Rescue Shield:
http://mightyohm.com/hvrescue2
marcio21

lightning detector Help

Post by marcio21 »

I bought HV Rescue Shield 2 and I have an ATMEGA8-16pu which has codes in it. What do I need to do so I can see what are the codes inside the ATMEGA8-16pu? I am new for the Arduino Duemilanove and the HV Rescue Shield 2 and I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Last edited by marcio21 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: lightning detector Help

Post by mightyohm »

Which codes are you looking for? The fuse bytes or the contents of flash and EEPROM?

At present, the Rescue Shield is only capable of reading the contents of the LFUSE, HFUSE, and EFUSE configuration fuses. It does not support reading data stored in the target's flash, EEPROM, or other storage locations.
marcio21

Post by marcio21 »

I don't know what are this flash and EEPROM, LFUSE. :(

The job if this circuit board is when it see a lightning storm it will send a signal to my camera and automatically it will trigger and take the photo

I Have One circuit board that Works and made a copy of this circuit board and when i remove the atmega8-16pu from the other board and put it on my circuit board it will Work so the atmega8-16pu is programed and i need to see this program or codes whatever they call them. I bought HV Rescue Shield 2 from you cos I thought I will see this codes but i hope you will help me so at least i didn't spend the money for nothing on the Rescue Shield + Arduino :cry:
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

Do you have access to the source code for the program you are trying to copy? If it is an open source project, the code is probably available from the author.

Compiling from source and writing the code to the new ATmega8 would probably be easier than trying to copy the existing code from the ATmega8 you already have. In some cases, this can be done, but only if the "lock bits" are not set. The function of the lock bits is to protect the chip from being copied.