IR-remote

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
ProZsolt

IR-remote

Post by ProZsolt »

I make a similar project, but my version may play music from my NAS.
I want to use an IR-remote to change music, incrise volume, turn to next song, etc. I find this project LIRC, but its IR recriever need a dedicated Serial port.
So the questation is can somebody help me to install a second serial port, or have another idea to use a remote?

PS:Sorry for my spelling. I just rarely speak/write Enlish
regiscruzbr

Re: IR-remote

Post by regiscruzbr »

I already have my WL-520 using the remote control. But the problem is that I used a remote control from a broken Chinese DVD and this remote control does not use the traditional Philips RC5 protocol, it uses a protocol called RECS80 which also belong to Philips but is not very common.
If you are interested I can send you a copy of the routine of the remote control.

I used a PIC18F4550, the program was compiled on MikroC and I am putting some extra features, but I am still working on.
I have no time yet to develop the PCB but soon I plan to post pictures of the complete radio here in the forum.
IrrKlang_704

Post by IrrKlang_704 »

Dear Friend,
I also wish to add remote control would u like to share me the 18f4550's code which u have developed and related stuff. I would be very thankful to you. Please either share the material or PM me
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

ProZsolt wrote:I make a similar project, but my version may play music from my NAS.
I want to use an IR-remote to change music, incrise volume, turn to next song, etc. I find this project LIRC, but its IR recriever need a dedicated Serial port.
So the questation is can somebody help me to install a second serial port, or have another idea to use a remote?

PS:Sorry for my spelling. I just rarely speak/write Enlish
You could add a 2nd serial port by using a USB-hub and USB-serial adapter.