Problem with MPD on tp-link mr3020

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
suseved

Problem with MPD on tp-link mr3020

Post by suseved »

Hello everyone. Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia. Maybe I'm off topic, but the problem is that the mpd write error at startup:
root@OpenWrt:~# mpd
Failed to bind to '127.0.0.1:6600': Address alredy in use

My Settings in /etc/mpd.conf

music_directory "~/music"
playlist_directory "~/.mpd/playlists
db_file "~/.mpd/database"
log_file "~/.mpd/log"
bind_to_address "localhost"
port "6600"

Tried to change the ports, but it does not give results.
MPC adds internet radio and losing, but if you make a withdrawal information through telnet, he writes:
root@OpenWrt:~# telnet localhost:6600
OK MPD 0.16.0
Connection closed by foreign host

My /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost

Help please, who met with it. The entire Internet is a break. I do radio and to read about the band's name and song to display. Everything is working, you just run mpd. f you need additional information, please contact us. On Linux for 7 years and the problems do not test. But there's some bullshit. Once again, sorry for the English, translated by Google. Forgot to say, the device tp-link mr3020.
gerben

Re: Problem with MPD on tp-link mr3020

Post by gerben »

If you install MPD, MPD will run automatically when you boot your router. No need to manually start it. That is why your get the error that the address is already in use, because MPD is already running.

MPD is just the daemon part. To control MPD you need to use the command "mpc"
For example:

Code: Select all

mpc add http://example.com:1234/stream
mpc play
mpc stop
telnet doesn't always work, in my experience. Try using "nc". More specifically:

Code: Select all

nc localhost 6600
suseved

Re: Problem with MPD on tp-link mr3020

Post by suseved »

Thank you so much. It turned out the problem I was looking for. The problem was fabricated me Shield for Arduino. I'm confused by some miracle of resistance, why Arduino firmware and scripts router malfunctioned. And unknowingly I powered the Arduino via usb port, and in this mode, data transfer works crooked. Topic can be closed. :oops:
As completed yet, be sure to put pictures of my radio. The base is an old Siemens 1951 release. Redesigns body scale, but remains vintage.