The problem with auto-play when you turn on the radio

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
mailoff

The problem with auto-play when you turn on the radio

Post by mailoff »

Hi all, I'm from Russia, so I apologize for my English.

I want to thank Jeff for this wonderful project.

But I have a small problem, sometimes playback does not start when you turn on the radio. Scripts are executed, the playlist is loaded, but the microcontroller does not receive the command to start. If you manually write a command from the console, then it works fine.

In what could be the reason?
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: The problem with auto-play when you turn on the radio

Post by mightyohm »

This might be a bug in the scripting or microcontroller code, or it could be garbage characters that get sent over the serial interface as the router is powering up. My radio does it every once in a while, and I haven't tried to fix the problem. I just power cycle the radio and it usually works on the next boot.
mailoff

Post by mailoff »

Yes, I think that the problem is in the garbage it sends to the microcontroller when booting. Scripts, I think right, I reinstalled it several times. Microcontroller also works fine when run manually. Maybe the microcontroller to attach the Play button each time to run it manually? But I myself do not do it.
mailoff

Post by mailoff »

So the problem is solved applying power to the AVR after booting the router. I put the electronic key in the p-channel field-effect transistor, and a control signal I take with power LED router. When the router is fully loaded, the power LED lights up and the AVR starts, then playback starts after 5-10 seconds each time, without fail. :D