stuck on part 3

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
yura.lesn

stuck on part 3

Post by yura.lesn »

Hi there. I think,that i'll look like a noob with my question,but still...

I took a cable from a mouse, where at one side was usb,and on the other i made a connection to pins at router. I used 3 of them,but i didn't touch the last one(3.3V).it didn't work.
Well, now i have usb to serial converter,and am not shure about making next steps..
What should i do next? which pins should i connect and where?

Thanks a lot.
gerben

Re: stuck on part 3

Post by gerben »

A serial connection is not really necessary to flash the router with OpenWRT. I flashed my router "blind" so to speak. The serial is nice so you can see what is happening. Also Jeff used it to connect the router to the micro-controller, controlling the display and buttons.

Since you are already having trouble connecting to a serial port, I assume you are not going to do the micro-controller part. I too skipped that part, and use a web interface, or the button on the back of the router to control playback.
yura.lesn

Post by yura.lesn »

But after installing openwrt with Firmware restoration how should i configure it?
jeroen94704

Post by jeroen94704 »

You log in through the network using telnet and/or ssh. The first time you must use telnet. Once you set a password, from that moment on the telnet server is no longer started, and you need to use SSH. You can use PuTTY for both telnet and SSH.

Jeroen