WRTRADIO v0.3 firmware no longer available

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
ryborz

WRTRADIO v0.3 firmware no longer available

Post by ryborz »

Hi.
I want to welcome everybody, I'm new to this forum.
I'm starting to built an internet radio on my wl-520gu.
I'm looking for wrtradio v0.3 firmware. Is there a newer version available?
Does someone has the trx image file, because sandrofabbro.com is down?
I flashed with basic image available at mightyohm with usb audio adapter and finished with continous beep :x . I have a new adapter on the way. I set up an external usb flash drive, because I want a newer version of mpd, which supports mms, flac and alsa. I want to connect my radio with usb to an external dac with spdif out built on pcm2704. I think that wrtradio v0.3 could do the job without any external flash memory. If wrtradio is ok maybe we can put it around somewhere on mightyohm?
Regards
Filip
ilinux

Re: WRTRADIO v0.3 firmware no longer available

Post by ilinux »

ryborz wrote:Hi.
I want to welcome everybody, I'm new to this forum.
I'm starting to built an internet radio on my wl-520gu.
I'm looking for wrtradio v0.3 firmware. Is there a newer version available?
Does someone has the trx image file, because sandrofabbro.com is down?
I flashed with basic image available at mightyohm with usb audio adapter and finished with continous beep :x . I have a new adapter on the way. I set up an external usb flash drive, because I want a newer version of mpd, which supports mms, flac and alsa. I want to connect my radio with usb to an external dac with spdif out built on pcm2704. I think that wrtradio v0.3 could do the job without any external flash memory. If wrtradio is ok maybe we can put it around somewhere on mightyohm?
Regards
Filip
Hi,

I'm ilinux and I'm the wrtradio developer. My site is down because I wasnt use it so I dont renew the domain from my provider I'm sorry for the incovenience so anyway...

I will send you asap a link where you can download it, at the moment no update was made but I don't have anymore the device so I can't try update by myself.

No flash drive is required but I made for wl500gp2 that have a little difference with your model (should have a bigger flash) but with the 0.3 version you should no have problems. I had a similar problem with audio like you and I compile myself the openwrt source code for fix (mpd may lack mms functionality because wasn't compatible with libmms when i compile it some months ago)

I used it for months and with my device I don't have problem (i use it with: wan cabled,c-media usb device,sky.fm audio and a mouse for stream switch)

I will found it into my backups and put into dropbox for future download asap.

Bye Ilinux

PS: Sorry for my bad english but I'm Italian :-P
ilinux

Post by ilinux »

bahaus

Post by bahaus »

Hello
sandrofabbro.com is down?
go when I find an interesting project with everything that needed and it´s closed.
I downloaded the file ilinux install firmware but there are some things I don´t know.
has web interface? or is it just console mode? what is the use and password to access the router?
thx and sorry for my english .