Output from Geiger Counter

Support forum for the mightyohm.com Geiger Counter.
http://mightyohm.com/geiger
skasat

Output from Geiger Counter

Post by skasat »

Hello All,

I have connected my Geiger Counter to my laptop and the output via the serial monitor is just coming out as gibberish. Can someone please help me! I have followed all the steps given on the website.
For some reason, I am not able to upload the screenshot. Let me know what I can do!
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Output from Geiger Counter

Post by mightyohm »

What USB serial converter are you using?
Is this an assembled kit? Check all of your solder joints. If you reprogrammed the AVR, check the configuration fuses.
Try installing fresh batteries.

I got your screenshot - the BREAK flag being sent is a bad sign. Try closing and opening the port again. Make sure you have the correct port selected.
204maker

Post by 204maker »

Hi,

Is there a way to get only the numeric values into Arduino, then show them on the serial monitor?
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

Yes, this should be possible. You'd have to connect the serial output to the Arduino, and then write a sketch to parse the data and strip out the CPM, then print that to the serial monitor. It might be easier to do on the MEGA since it has more than one serial port.
204maker wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to get only the numeric values into Arduino, then show them on the serial monitor?