Geigercounter not working

Support forum for the mightyohm.com Geiger Counter.
http://mightyohm.com/geiger
r4ptor

Geigercounter not working

Post by r4ptor »

Hey guys,

i have a little problem with my geigercounter kit here.

Well, i soldered everything and wanted to test the kit, but i don't get any sound, LED flash or welcome message over the serial port.

i double checked the components and the direction of the parts that go only one way. This shouldn't be the problem, everything is in place as it should be.

Also i checked the soldering points(well, i'm not very good in soldering) but they look good to me. If i check from the down left point of the battery dock, i get about 3V at every point of the board(from r1 to the last pin of the microprocessor).

Any ideas what could possibly be wrong? Thanks
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Geigercounter not working

Post by mightyohm »

Do you have the ATtiny2313 inserted the right way, and fully pressed into the socket, with no bent pins?

What do you mean by "about 3V at every point of the board"?

If you measure the voltage between pins 10 and 20 of the ATtiny, what do you get?
r4ptor

Post by r4ptor »

Well i get 0 Volts at the ATtiny. It is fully pressed in and i don't think the pins are bent. I also tried new batteries with the same result, no click, no flash, no respons.

Well, i will look over the soldering points one more time i guess

[edit] ok now i'm getting something. the piezo is whining, i get about 100V from tp2 to ground and about 40V
r4ptor

Post by r4ptor »

Ok last update, got it working. Resoldered everything, now it beeps like it should and i can log data. Thanks for your help, this kit rocks :)
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

Awesome! I'm glad you got it fixed. Let me know if you have any more issues with your kit. Enjoy!